To fulfill this dream, the department is manned by a group of well qualified, conscientious and dedicated faculty and technical staff. The salient aspects of the department such as facilities available, achievements, students forum etc are brought out in the succeeding sections.
Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, to the solution of Electronics & Communication engineering problems.
2. PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
3. PO 3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for engineering problems and design of system components or processes that meet the desired specifications.
4. PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. PO 5: Modern tool usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to various engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. PO 6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the background knowledge to assess societal issues and the resulting responsibilities to the professional Electronics engineering practice.
The educational objectives of the undergraduate programme of Electronics & Communication Engineering at PEC are:
PEO 1. To prepare the students with strong engineering knowledge and technical competence to use techniques skills that allow them to work effectively as electronics and communication engineers.
PEO 2. Graduates will be successfully employed in the industry, and will be actively engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas and technologies, or be actively pursuing graduate studies in relevant branch of Electronics & Communication.
PEO 3. To impart hands on knowledge and develop design capability among students so that they have ability to participate in creative activities of the Electronics & Communication engineering.
PEO 4. To inculcate interpersonal skills, team work capabilities, communication skills, leadership and awareness of the social, ethical and legal responsibilities leading to lifelong learning and career development.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Students should be able to
1. Design an electronic system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
2. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice in inter disciplinary area.